<body>
Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Descriptive Writing #12: This is your last year in school. Describe some of the places in school that you will remember and miss when you graduate.

“…Dong.” The last chime of the school bell rang, marking the end of the school day. Four years have flown by, gone in the blink of an eye. The noisy chatter of the students filing of the school, were like bees buzzing in a bonnet. If I listened hard enough, my ears would catch a line or two of the numerous conversations being held. A high pitched voice rang in my ears, rattling off a student’s usual grouses of the never-ending pile of homework the teachers pile on them, and a chirpy, melodious voice exuding a student’s joy that the holidays had arrived.

Knowing that I would never be back soon, I took a stroll around the school. Walking towards the school porch, the beautiful flowers in a wide array of colours caught my eye. Those were the very flowers which invited me into the school four years ago. It’s cheery colours wrote off the fears of a timid twelve year old, stepping into an alien concrete forest which harbored an abundance of knowledge. Taking a few steps forward, and looking through the transparent glass cabinets, I saw the wide collection of trophies attained by the school. Whether it was gold, silver or bronze, all glittered under the yellow light like stars, painting a picture of those joyous occasions for all to see.

My nose caught a mouth-watering aroma, which led me to the canteen. There before me, were eight food stores which sold delicious dishes. Imagine: The sour and spicy taste of the Malay mee siam, the crispy and succulent taste of the lemon chicken with a tangy taste of citrus, as well as the refreshing and sweet fruits. The combination of all the fantastic smelling food, was one so aromatic, that one’s mouth would start to water, and would be gulping down their saliva uncontrollably. A bite would not be sufficient to do justice to such good food, and a whiff of it would only get you asking for more.

“Thud, thud, thud.” The familiar sound of a ball bouncing on the ground was like music to my ears. Unknowingly, I had wandered to the parade square, which housed the netball court. The podium was beside the court, where two flagpoles stood proud and tall. The flags billowed in the cool breeze, exuding the grace and beauty of our country. Below was the navy blue concrete ground, lined with white lines which marked out the court, and the pattern was finished off with a red border. A baby blue coloured netball pole stood at each end of the court, and fourteen girls ran around the court, playing the game with much joy and professionalism. Standing there, I felt overwhelmed by nostalgia. Memories of the time spent training hard under the merciless scorching hot sun, knees with mildly charred skin due to countless push-ups done on the burning ground, and the sound of shoes pattering lightly on the court while running rushed through my mind.

Oh this wonderful secondary school of mine, I cannot bear to leave, and words will never be sufficient to describe how I feel about you. Walking out of the metallic school gates, I turned and waved goodbye to the majestic building which housed countless happy memories. I will miss you, Riverside.

(written '09 during 14 compo, damn corny ._.)


what we could have been, 10:41 PM.

the girl that’s trying to let go.
PWEAWY FISHTAIL FOO! :D
&yes my name is Pearly Melody Foo (REALLY ._.).
@http://shortsweetsimplicity.blogspot.com/

:) posting up random essays i write here. not that they are great or anything, but it beats leaving them lying around as microsoft word documents in my computer D: hopefully, this will help pull up my english standard :C GP is so damn hard :(

No ripping (although my essays suck.)
COPYRIGHTED 2010' Fishtail <3
Monologue.


ShoutMix chat widget
all I want is you.
But It’s never gonna happen.

the people there.
xxx
xxx
xxx
xxx
xxx
xxx
xxx
xxx
let my memories with you fade.
April 2010
the end.
Blogskin of
invalid.love
Base code: lil.queens
photos: x xx